7.1 Cookies and identifiers
- To keep track of products or services viewed, so that we can send directly or through third party service providers, information and advertising about those products or services, or other similar related products or services we think may be of interest.
- To measure traffic patterns, to determine which areas of our websites have been visited, and to measure transaction patterns, produce data of web traffic and customer web activity through our websites or apps.
- To research and analyse habits so that we can improve our products, services and online content and customise this to individuals.
- To operate our websites efficiently with a high level of functionality.
- To measure the effectiveness of our marketing initiatives, measure the number of advertising referrals we have received to our websites from other websites.
We also allow third parties to place cookies and other identifiers on our websites to collect information on your browsing history. The third parties use the information for marketing or advertising purposes and to display customised or targeted promotional, marketing or advertising material on our websites and on other websites or social media sites that you visit. Currently at the date of this Privacy Notice (and may change from time to time), third parties include Google Analytics, Alphabet, and Facebook, and in addition for farmers.co.nz, Flashtalking, Salesforce, and Quantcast.
Remarketing is where your browsing history on a website is then used to show you advertising related to your history once you have left that website. For example, a product you have viewed on our website may be remarketed to you while you are accessing another website or social media platform. We supply cookie information (from your browser) about your browsing history on our websites to the following remarketing providers (current as at the date of this Privacy Notice and may change from time) Facebook and Google. If you wish to opt-out of remarketing, see Opt-Out Information below.
7.3 Opting out from cookies, analytics and remarketing
You may modify your browser settings to accept or decline cookies. You may also go to www.allaboutcookies.org or to www.aboutads.info/choices for instructions on how to disable cookies. If you choose to configure your computer so that it disables cookies or does not accept them, you may not be able to make full use of our websites.
Here are the links to opt-out of cookies (current as at the date of this Privacy Notice and may change from time to time):
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies
Google - https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated
Google Analytics - https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en
Flashtalking - https://www.flashtalking.com/optout
Quantcast - https://www.quantcast.com/opt-out/
You can opt out of remarketing, here opt out of the DoubleClick cookie and double-check your Facebook Adverts settings.
7.4 Links to other websites and services
The Farmers and Stevens websites may contain links to other sites which are not administered or governed by Farmers. These are provided solely for the convenience of our visitors. We are not responsible for the content of these websites or how your personal information will be handled. We are not liable in respect of any use of these linked websites.