Farmers Club Terms & Conditions
Glossary: 'Farmers' refers to The Farmers Trading Company Limited. You can contact Farmers online at www.farmers.co.nz ('website') or by telephone on 0800 327 637. ‘Club’ means the Farmers Club loyalty programme. ‘Membership’ means an individual Farmers Club account. ‘Website’ means farmers.co.nz. ‘Card’ means the Farmers Club Loyalty Card. ‘Terms’ means these Terms and Conditions for Club Membership. ‘Beauty’ means all cosmetics, skincare, haircare and fragrance (including home fragrance). ‘Fashion’ means Women’s Clothing, Lingerie and Accessories and Men’s and Children’s Clothing Underwear and Accessories. ‘Home’ means Toys, Nursery, Furniture, Electronics and Appliances, Homeware and Manchester. ‘Voucher’ means a $20 Club voucher, held electronically on your membership, which is earned through the accumulation of Points as described in section 2 below. ’Points’ means tokens collected through shopping with Farmers (either in store or online). ‘Promotions’ means any offers, promotions or benefits, including discount or points-based events in store or online, and competitions.
- Joining Club
- Applications for Membership may be completed in store or on the Website. Failure to provide any information designated as mandatory will mean you will be ineligible for Membership. All information provided must be true and correct. You agree to keep your details up to date at all times by making changes through the Website, or by advising a staff member in store.
- Memberships without an associated valid email address will not be eligible for the full benefits and rewards of Farmers Club. It is the member's responsibility to keep the recorded email address current.
- Applications for Membership may be made by any individual, however, members residing overseas will not receive a Card. It is not possible to redeem Vouchers online. As a result, overseas members will only be able to do so when shopping in physical Farmers stores in New Zealand. Only one membership is permitted per individual. Farmers reserves the right to accept or reject any application for Membership and shall not be required to provide any reason for such acceptance or rejection.
- When you apply for Membership online, or when you access your account online, you will be required to create a secure password to access your account via the Website. You agree not to disclose your password to any other person.
- You should present your Card in store or sign in to the website when shopping online for all purchases of Farmers products and services. This is to enable Farmers to provide you with the full benefits of Club.
- Collecting Points
- Whenever you purchase products or services from a physical Farmers store or online and the spend value equals or exceeds the minimum spend level for those products or services, you will collect Points based on the amount spent. You will receive a Voucher for every ## Points you earn.
- The amount of spend required per Point and the products and services on which Points can be earned may vary from time to time. You should refer to the Website or check with a staff member for an up-to-date list of qualifying products / services and the level of spend required per point.
- Points are awarded/allocated as follows:
- Collect 1 Club point for every $1 you spend on all Beauty and Fragrance.
- Collect 1 Club point for every $5 you spend on all Women’s Clothing, Lingerie & Accessories and Men’s and Children’s Clothing, Underwear & Accessories.
- Collect 1 Club point for every $10 you spend on Toys, Nursery and everything for your home including Furniture, Electronics and Appliances, Homeware and Manchester.
- You may still collect Points in store if you do not have your Card with you by quoting the phone number associated with your Farmers Club account or, when shopping online, by signing in to Farmers Club online before the transaction is completed.
- You can only redeem Vouchers by presenting your Card at a Farmers store. Your Card may only be used for transactions made by you personally. Farmers reserves the right to require identification when collecting Points and redeeming Vouchers or other benefits.
- Points do not have any value and cannot be redeemed for cash, gift cards or any Farmers products and services except as expressly set out in these Terms.
- Points collected in Beauty and Fashion expire 6 months from the date of purchase (collection). Points collected in Home expire 12 months from the date of collection, unless 250 points are collected and converted to a $20 voucher.
- If, in accordance with Farmers' returns policy, you return a product on which you have earned Points, the Points will be deducted from your Points balance.
- Vouchers are only credited to your membership in denominations of $20 and can only be redeemed in full $20 increments. Points and Vouchers cannot be sold and cannot be transferred to another person, unless expressly permitted by Farmers.
- When a Voucher is redeemed, Points will not be earned on the value of the Vouchers redeemed. To redeem your Voucher you must:
- Comply with the specific requirement(s) of the Voucher(s) as notified on, or in relation to the Voucher itself;
- Purchase Farmers products or services in a category in which your Vouchers may be redeemed in a single transaction, the purchase price of which is greater than, or equal to, the value of the Voucher(s) you are redeeming. Where the purchase price in a single transaction is less than the value of the Voucher(s) you wish to redeem you will be unable to redeem your Voucher(s).
- The categories in which Voucher(s) may be redeemed may vary from time to time. You should refer to the Website for an up-to-date list of categories in which you can redeem Voucher(s).
- Where the purchase price exceeds the value of Voucher(s) on your Card, you must pay the difference.
- Voucher(s) cannot be exchanged for cash or gift cards.
- Voucher(s) can only be redeemed at Farmers physical stores and cannot be redeemed for purchases made from our online store.
- Farmers Club Membership Card
- The Card is not a debit or a credit card. All Farmers Club Cards remain the property of Farmers at all times and must be surrendered on demand.
- In the event that your Card is lost, stolen or damaged, you will need to request a new Card either in store or on the Website. You must advise Farmers as soon as you are aware your Card is lost, stolen or damaged. Farmers do not accept any responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged Cards, or any resulting loss or theft of Points or Vouchers.
These Terms including (without limitation) how Points, Vouchers, and other benefits may be accumulated and/or redeemed and on which products and services, may be amended by Farmers at any time without notice to you. Without limiting the foregoing, Farmers may add or remove products, services or product categories eligible for the collection or redemption of Points or Vouchers, offer bonus Points or alter the level of spend require to accumulate Points or Vouchers, whether temporarily or permanently, at its sole discretion. Current Terms and Conditions can be viewed on the Website, so it is recommended that you check these periodically. Continuing to use your Card after changes to the Terms and Conditions are made is deemed acceptance of those changes.
From time to time, Farmers may provide Members with Promotions in connection with the Card. These Terms and Conditions shall apply to such Promotions, in addition to any specific terms accompanying such Promotions. In the event of any inconsistency, the specific terms of the Promotion shall apply.
Farmers Club may be terminated at any time without notice to you. In the event that Farmers Club is terminated, Farmers reserves the right to cancel all Points or accumulated spend on qualifying beauty products and services accrued by you. However, any Vouchers that have been credited to your membership prior to the date of termination will continue to be valid for the lesser period of 26 weeks after the date they were credited to your membership, or any other period notified by Farmers at the time of termination.
Farmers may revoke your Membership at any time without notice and for any reason (including, but not limited to, fraudulent use of the Card or behaviour which, in the view of Farmers, is not acceptable). In the event that your Membership is revoked, all accrued Points and Vouchers will expire from the date of revocation and you will have no further entitlement in respect of Farmers Club.
Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Farmers (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for loss or damage; whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of Farmers Club or any Membership, including but not limited to, where arising out of: (a) any technical difficulties, network failures, virus or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Farmers' control); (b) any loss, theft, unauthorised access or third party interference with or of Points, Vouchers, Membership information or the Card; (c) any Points or Vouchers that are not properly recorded against a Member's Card; (d) participation in, or termination of Farmers Club; (e) Force Majeure.
If you wish to terminate your Membership please contact Farmers directly. You may also opt into or out of receiving promotional communications from Farmers via the Website.